Excerpt from Livable California:
- AB 2011 was a gut and amend that created a massive new bill on April 18th
- It requires ministerial approval of construction across a broad category of zones – including office, retail, and parking.
- AB 2011 is a massive state taking of flexibility needed by local jurisdictions to place housing where it best meets the needs of the community.
- CEQA is circumvented on these projects. CEQA is an important source of information to the community and developers and helps protect the environment.
- Parking is not allowed for these projects. Parking is a necessary feature for many developments. Any developments containing commercial space are particularly sensitive to parking needs.
- The department is allowed to adopt guidelines or terms that are not subject to the Administrative Procedures Act Government, taking away an important review process.
- AB 2011 details pages of standards imposed by the state that are best left to local communities.
For more information: Contact@LivableCA.org